Monday, June 9, 2014

End of Season for Great Sport!

We just had a great celebration for my boys' Little League Closing Day this weekend.  In preparation for that, I made some special thank you cards for the coaches.

I was sad to see the Great Sport set retire, as that is one of my favorite sets for creating sports related thank you cards, but the consolation is there is a fun new set in the new catalog (Simply Sports, if you'd like to check it out! And, I notice you can get it bundled with the framelits I used on these cards, too, for a 15% savings . . . you can see that here).  And, actually Great Sport is still available as a digital download for My Digital Studio, so that's always a great option, too!

Anyway, on to the cards!  The first cards I made for my oldest's team -- he was on the Yankees this year.  I used Midnight Muse (now-retired In Color -- fingers crossed it will reappear in the next color update! In the meantime, Night of Navy would also work well), Real Red, and Whisper White, with silver embossing.


The "thank you" is from Itty Bitty Banners, cut with the coordinating framelits. The red star is cropped with the new star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Pack.  Stars are from another retired set, Extreme Elements . . . though now could achieve a similar look with the Be the Star stamp set (didn't get mine until after I made these cards, though!)

And, of course, had to decorate the insides of the cards as well:




The second set of cards was for the team my husband coached and my youngest son played on -- the Pirates.  I used Basic Black card stock, with gold embossing, and Daffodil Delight for the "thank you" banner.  I did two different designs, and again decorated the insides and the envelopes to match.





("Home Run" and "All Star" are from the retired Sporting stamp set).

Hope you liked these.  Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: