Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Paper-Pumpkin, Star-Kissed Work of Art

Yesterday was my Paper Pumpkin Party and New Catalog Open House, and I had a blast stamping with the friends who came.  We did make the pinwheels I showed in my last post, but that wasn't all!  Actually, the first project we made was this patriotic note card, combining stamps from the June Paper Pumpkin kit (Pinwheel Party) and the New Catalog -- Work of Art.  This is my spin on an idea I saw on Stampin' Connection (a wonderful place Stampin' Up! provides for demonstrators to share ideas), and specifically, this card by Amy Taylor.


For my version, I started with Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White Note Cards, added a layer of Night of Navy Card Stock and the stamped layer of Whisper White.  The stars are "kissed" by pressing the stars stamp from the June Paper Pumpkin kit onto the Night-of-Navy-inked wide brush stroke image from Work of Art.  I did this repeatedly, stamping off the ink picked up by the stars onto scrap paper in between each "kiss." The stripes are the line image from Work of Art, inked with Real Red.  The "celebrate" and stars from the June Paper Pumpkin kit are stamped on the note card base.

During the party, we also created bookmarks using the In Colors and the amazing Flower Patch stamp set (so many fun flower combinations possible -- everyone at the party did something different!!!).  Here's how my bookmark turned out:



My friends were also curious about the new Blendabilities, which will be available for purchase tomorrow!  So, we stamped and colored images from the Bloom with Hope hostess set.  My demonstration coloring is on the left, and on the right is my attempt to copy colors used by my friend Jean:


Isn't it amazing and neat how you can achieve such different looks depending on how you combine and layer the different colors?

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: