Monday, September 15, 2014

Crafty Housewarming Gifts

Recently, I have had the opportunity to give housewarming gifts to a new neighbor family and to some friends who moved to a new house (a little too far away, if you ask me, but at least still within driving distance!)  Both times, I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies, and then stamp up some fun packaging for my present.

The first time, I made this welcome tag for my plate of cookies:


The tag is cut from a piece of Crumb Cake, using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to shape the top and the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch on the bottom.  I added a piece of Whisper White, which I stamped, colored and sponged.  The stamp is from the Life's Adventure hostess set.  The flower embellishment is stamped with the Flower Patch stamp set and die cut with the Flower Fair Framelits (available in a bundle, for 15% savings!).

For my other gift, I decided to use one of the Extra-Large Gift boxes.


I decorated with some washi tape (not from Stampin' Up!, though there are plenty of fun designs from Stampin' Up! you could use instead!), flowers from the Itty Bitty Accents punch and Candy Dots in the center of those, and the house is from the new Holiday Home stamp set (die cut with the coordinating Homemade Holiday Framelits, available bundled together, again for a 15% savings).  I tied a bit of Crushed Curry Polka Dot ribbon (retired) around the box.

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: