Saturday, September 6, 2014

Seriously Amazing (Part 1 -- Gift Bags)

The August Paper Pumpkin kit really lives up to its name -- Seriously Amazing!  I'm having so much fun creating projects with it, but I've made so many, I can't really share them all in one post.  So, I thought I'd start today by showing you the gift bags I created using the 4 standard size envelopes that came with the kit.

This idea came from Diane Vander Galien -- saw it on Pinterest, then traced it back to her blog and our demonstrator sharing site, Stampin' Connection.  When I saw her creations, I thought they were so brilliant, I just had to make my own!

Anyway, I used two envelopes for each bag.  I trimmed a little off the side flaps of each envelope, which I then connected.  I added a 2 x 4.5" piece of coordinating cardstock for the base of the bag, and attached the envelopes rounded bottom flaps to that.








I decorated the bags using pieces from the kit.  The little flowers were punched out with the Itty Bitty Accents flower punch of some of the circles that come in the kit.  I added Candy Dots in the flower centers.  The tops of the bags are tied with Mossy Meadow 3/8" Satin Stitched ribbon.

These bags are the perfect size to fill with a gift of handmade cards or other goodies!  How would you like to get one of these on your birthday?

Come back soon to see the cards I made, too!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

P.S.  Not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber yet?  Don't miss out on the fun!  Head over here to my Paper Pumpkin website to learn more about these great monthly kits and sign up!  (Use the code HALFOFF2 to join Paper Pumpkin before September 10, 2014, and get 50% off the first two months! After that, keep the creativity coming for only $19.95 + tax per month (shipping included)).

No comments: