Friday, October 10, 2014

Time to Celebrate with Pink Pirouette, Cupcakes and Butterflies!

Sorry to keep you in suspense!  Has been a busier than expected week, with early dismissals for parent teacher conferences at my youngest's school, so even less time than usual for stamping and blogging.   However, I'm excited to show you the card I created during World Card Making Day, which was for a very special, one-year old, birthday girl:
 

I'd helped her mom with parts of the invitations and favors, so knew the perfect main color for this card would be Pink Pirouette, which was also the main color for the party.  I also used a bit of Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, and Strawberry Slush.  The background is embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot folder, and stamps are from the new Cupcake Party stamp set and Papillion Potpourri (with coordinating punches used to crop the images), and the Scallop Trim Border Punch (which it turns out is actually retired, although the Scallop Edge Border punch is still available and would work nicely) shapes the pop of Pear Pizzazz along the banner. 

My design was inspired by this beautiful birthday card I'd received a while ago from my talented friend and fellow demonstrator, Agnes:


And, just had to  show off a close up of the sparkles on her card's birthday cupcake:



Here's a peek at the favors I cut with the Fry Box die and embossed with the large Polka dot folder for the birthday girl's party:



And, here they are, beautifully finished and displayed by her mom:



Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: