Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hooray It's Your Day (Open House Samples)

Hi!  This past Sunday, I held my Occasions and Sale-a-Bration open house, and I had a wonderful time with the ladies who came!  Sorry if you missed it . . . but at least I can show you the samples for the make and take!   We created cards from the Hooray It's Your Day kit from the Occasions catalog.  Such a fun kit! 

I think one of my favorite things about the kit is that it comes with two stencils that you can use on the cards (and on other projects, long after you've managed to use up the supplies in the kit!)  We were using the stencils with spritzing, which is a little harder than you might expect . . . only because it is important not to get too much liquid on your cardstock, but can be challenging to know when you've reached or gone past that point!  Just requires a little bit of experimenting and practice, but that can also be fun, right?!  Anyway, on to the samples!!

For the first two cards, I used the sunburst-style stencil, and spritzed on a solution of Daffodil Delight ink refill, rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol, and a little bit of leftover Gold Foil Smooch Spritz (adds some subtle shimmer and almost a glow to the rays):

 

My Hooray It's Your Day stamp set had not arrived yet, so I improvised with the "you're the best" sentiment from the Sale-a-Bration Simply Wonderful set and the "Celebrate!" from Celebrate Today (which actually is designed to coordinate with the Hooray It's Your Day kit and stamp set as well).

For the next two cards, I used the scallop stencil and spritzed a solution of Pistachio Pudding and alcohol:

 

The "to a great friend" is from Simply Wonderful and "birthday girl" is from Endless Birthday Wishes.  The flowers came Whisper White as part of the kit and were spritzed with the Daffodil Delight solution.  I also added some Melon Mambo candy dots to the flower centers.

For the file folder card from the kit, I decided to try sponging Daffodil Delight ink instead of spritzing.  Here's how that turned out:


The "happy" and "birthday" sentiments are from Endless Birthday Wishes and are stamped in Bermuda Bay ink.

And, last but not least, for the gift card holder card, I spritzed a bit of Daffodil Delight on most of the card, and some Pistachio Pudding solution on just the left side:


 On the tag, I used images from the Sale-a-Bration Best Day Ever set, stamped in Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay. 

I'm looking forward to creating more of these cards!  

Which one is your favorite? 

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: