Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Painted Petals and Lotus Blossoms

What is your favorite of the Sale-a-Bration choices?  Without a doubt, mine is the Lotus Blossom Stamp set (on page 7 of the Sale-a-Bration brochure)!  I had a chance to play with mine, and on a bit of a whim, decided to see how it would look combined with the new Painted Petals stamp set from the Occasions Catalog.  Some of my finished cards:





I used only three ink colors on these cards -- Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe and Mossy Meadow.  What's neat is that the way the stamps are made produces some color gradation in the stamped image, plus I did do some "stamping off" to lighten the colors of ink on some of the lotus blossoms (that is a "two-step" (or actually 3-step) stamp, so it's fun to play with it and see how the three stamps looked fully inked and stamped, versus stamping off some ink for the second and third images).  

For the center lotus blossom, I used Crisp Cantaloupe for the most solid image (step 3) . . . in the bottom card, it's full strength, stamped off once for the middle card, and stamped off twice for the top card.  

The "Happy Birthday" is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

1 comment:

RitaR said...

Yours are some of the prettiest cards I've seen using these two stamp sets .... beautiful work and very inspirational !!!