Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hello Darling, Mother's Day Cards

Hi!  Today I have some special Mother's Day cards to share with you.  These were inspired by a gorgeous card from Shelli Gardner's blog (you can see the card in this post, it's the last card featured), and when I saw it, I just had to CASE it!!!  Here's how my versions turned out:


Rather than watercoloring, I decided to sponge to create the emboss resist effect (must confess, I was so excited to get going on these cards, I embossed on Whisper White without thinking, rather than Watercolor Paper, which would've created the beautiful effect in Shelli's card . . . still, I am pleased with how the sponging turned out, too!)  I used Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, and Pear Pizzazz for the sponging.  Then flicked on some ink splatters by tapping my Aquapainter -- I used Blackberry Bliss and Pear Pizzazz for those.  The flower stamps are from the Hello Darling stamp set (retiring, so be sure to order yours before it is too late!!!), the greeting is from the Crazy About You stamp set (so many great possibilities with that, and especially bundled with the Hello You thinlits!), and the butterfly is from Papillon Potpourri, cut with the Elegant Butterfly Punch.  I created the bow with the Wild Wasabi Painted Blooms Cotton Twine, and added a length of Pistachio Pudding Pleated Ribbon (retired).

For the next card, I decided to change up the color scheme slightly, and went with Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pear Pizzazz:


I added a dimensional rose, created with multiple layers of Crisp Cantaloupe cut with the Pansy Punch and a center created out of Daffodil Delight cut with the Bouquet Bigz L Die.  There's also a Petite Petal punched flower and an Itty Bitty Accents flower (centers in those were stamped with an image from Summer Silhouettes).  I created a bow out of the Venetian  Crochet Trim (dyed with Pistachio Pudding ink refill).

What do you think?  Which color combination is your favorite?  Please leave me a comment and let me know.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Decisions, decisions, Michelle! Hmm...well, I love both of your cards, but my favorite is the one done in 'purples' because I really love the (retired) pleated ribbon.

Connie