Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Thanks a Bunch Quick Wow Swap for Convention

I'm finally back from Convention and a visit with my parents!  That was all so much fun, but the time went by way too quickly!!!  Hard to believe that this time last week I was taking a tour of Stampin' Up!'s offices in Riverton.  Some of my favorite moments from that were goofing around with Rach and Sarah while taking photos at the Stampin' Up! rock, finding my card on display among the cards donated for Ronald McDonald House Charities, and meeting Margery, who lives practically down the street from me!  

I'll post photos from Convention soon (have more than 1000 to go through between the pictures my friend Rach and I took!), but in the meantime, have another of my Convention swap cards to share.  This card was designed for an organized "Quick Wow" swap I participated in:



It's a double-dutch fold card, and was inspired by this card, which happened to be on my desk about to be filled out and given to a friend.  For this card, I decided to use the Market Fresh stamp set and Farmers Market Designer Series Paper.  Here's a close up of the main stamped image:


After I stamped the grapes in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I masked them, and sponged the Crumb Cake background through a circle mask.  While the masks were in place, I also inked up and stamped the Hardwood background stamp.

I added color to the grapes and leaves using cotton swabs and Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive inks, respectively.

For some extra pizzazz, I added one of the Very Vintage designer buttons, with a cute little linen thread bow in it on top of a piece of designer paper that I'd cropped using the Washi Label Punch.

Here's a glimpse of the inside of the card:


The cute doodle-y line is from the Tin of Cards stamp set.

Well, the UPS man just brought my special box of Convention preorder goodies, so I'm going to stop typing and go open that!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!!

- Michelle



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog







No comments: