Monday, August 3, 2015

Sneak Peek: Convention Make and Takes

I still can't believe Convention has come and gone!  So much fun and excitement preparing for and enjoying it!!!  So, hope you'll indulge me as I continue to share about it!  Today, I thought I'd show you the make and takes we created while we were there.  

The first two are cards made with the Your Presents stamp set, which all Convention attendees received, and which will be available to order when the Holiday Catalog goes live on September 1st!  (If you are here in the U.S., don't already have a demonstrator, and would like me to send you a catalog, please let me know either by leaving a comment on this post or emailing me using the link in the sidebar.)  Anyway, the Your Presents set is so versatile.  We used it first to make a holiday card:



And, then, to create this birthday card:


If you look carefully, you can find that the "kissing" technique was used on the present on the joy card (to add the stripes to the package image) and on both the Watermelon Wonder plaid present (stamping stripes first in one direction, then reinking and rotating the image to get stripes in the other direction on the solid square image, then stamping that -- hmmm, hard to describe in words, this is one of those times when a video would be much better -- will have to work on that!) and the Mint Macaron present has an image with arrows/trees kissed on it.  We were able to play with some fun new ribbons and a new type of glue when we made these, and I can't wait to get my hands on that glue!  I know you'll love it, too . . . it's perfect for attaching sequins, thin strips, and other detailed pieces!

The other make and take we created using products from the Home for Christmas suite:



I just adore the Santa on the designer series paper in this Suite!  It was so exciting to get a package as an all attendee giveaway (thanks, Stampin' Up!  Whoo hoo!!!):


Convention attendees were able to do a special preorder of some items from the Holiday Catalog, and you can bet that the Cozy Christmas stamp set used on the Santa tag, the beautiful Very Vanilla 1-1/4" Subtle Stripes Satin Ribbon, and Home for Christmas Designer Buttons (Real Red Poinsettia button on the tag) made it onto my order (along with some other fun new stuff!!!)

Can't wait to show you more!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: