Friday, October 2, 2015

Santa's Home for Christmas (World Card Making Day Class Sneak Peek)

Hi everyone!  Happy Thursday!  We're finally getting a little drizzle here in Northern California, and it is really making it feel like fall -- I love it!  I'm also really excited for World Card Making Day this Saturday -- how about you?  I have a special class planned to celebrate it, and here is another of the cards we will be making at it (you can see two of the other cards in this post and this post).

This card was inspired by a few cards I'd spotted and admired on Pinterest (especially this pin by Frances Martin (Frenchiestamps.com) and this pin by Sheila Turlip and this pin from creatingwithcarol.com).  I love the idea of Santa peeking through the window, so here's my take on it:



The Santa and tree are from the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper.  I inked up the Brick Wall embossing folder to make the bricks stand out more, and the window is from the Hearth & Home Thinlets Dies.  The snowflake is one of the Snowflake Elements from the Holiday Catalog, and it's a bit hard to see from the photo, but I added a bit of Dazzling Details to make it sparkle.

I started out with the card like this, and while I liked the simplicity, I think the glittery snowflake element adds just the right touch.


How about you?  Which version do you prefer?

I decided to put the greeting for this one on the inside, using the Cozy Christmas stamp set:



Would love to hear what you think and how you plan to celebrate World Card Making day!  Please leave me a comment and let me know!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm spending World Card Making Day with you, Michelle, making some wonderful cards! :)
- Connie S