Sunday, October 4, 2015

Thankful for World Cardmaking Day!

Hope you had a wonderful World Cardmaking Day celebration yesterday!  I sure did!!!  Thanks so much to the friends who were able to come celebrate with me in our special class (and to those who wanted to be here and were thinking of us!)

One of my favorite things about classes (aside from getting to spend time crafting with friends, of course!) is seeing the alternate ideas that everyone comes up with for the projects.  And, yesterday's class did not disappoint!  I offered a choice of either clear or gold embossing powder for the Lighthearted Leaves Thankful Card (you can see my original in this post), and once we saw how beautiful the leaf was with gold embossing powder, that was everyone's choice!  I also loved seeing how everyone chose to color in the leaf (or not), and was able to take photos of some of the cards so you could see the beautiful alternatives as well:




I had a few leftover kits for this card after class, and decided to make some alternate samples of my own as well.  Here those are:





For the last card, I still used Pear Pizzazz and Mossy Meadow, but changed the So Saffron, Crushed Curry, and Tangelo Twist to Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, and Rich Razzleberry.

Hope you had a fun World Cardmaking Day as well!

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: