Saturday, November 21, 2015

Penguins Soccer Thanks

Happy Saturday to you!  Hope you are having a great weekend!  This has been a fun day for me -- I shopped two craft fairs and finished up some swap cards.  So, lots of crafty time today!  A bit of a change from last weekend, which was filled with my youngest son's end of season celebration for soccer and several birthday parties!  (Also fun, just a different kind! ;)  ).

Anyway, thought I'd share the thank you card I made for my son's soccer team coaches.  The team was the Tsunami Penguins (quite an original name, right?!  The kids came up with it.  ;) )   Here's the card I created:


The penguins are from the Snow Place stamp set.  I used Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy for the base and layers, since those matched the team's colors nicely.  Some of the other stamps on the card are from retired sets (Extreme Elements, Great Sport, and For Being You ("Thanks for all you do")).

I made the card 6 x 6" so there'd be a lot of space for signatures on the inside, and that worked well.

A little earlier in the season, I'd made these cards for our Referee Appreciation Day:


 I used Tempting Turquoise for the card base, and stenciled stars on it using the stars mask from the Hearts & Stars Decorative Mask set.  I added stars punched from Silver Foil and Glimmer Paper for some shine.  The greeting is from the Thankful Forest Friends set (great for more than just fall cards!)  The soccer balls are from the retired Goal stamp set.

Hopefully these cards made the recipients feel very appreciated! 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: