Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thankful for Boxed Note Cards

I've had great fun creating some boxed note card gifts using the Square Pillow Box Thinlits dies.  To do this, I create an extended version of the pillow box.  You cut two sides as usual, then cut another two, and trim one end off of each of the die cut sides.  Then attach two sides together using a strong adhesive (I'm really liking the Tear and Tape adhesive for this!), repeat to create the other side, and attach each extended side together to create the box.  Trust me, easier to do than it sounds when written out!  

I also made some fun 3 x 3" notes to go inside my boxes.  In this first set, I used Old Olive card stock to create the pillow box and the card bases.  The belly band and decorative layer on the card are made with the Into the Woods Designer Series Paper, and the greeting piece is stamped with an image from Thankful Forest Friends, which I inked up using Stampin' Write Markers.  I finished off the box with a bit of Gold Ribbon (on sale this next week as part of the Online Extravaganza!!!)







I used the same stamps and designer paper for the next box, just used Sahara Sand for the box and bases:



And, for this one, I used Rich Razzleberry card stock for the box and card bases.  I also tied some Into the Woods 3/8" Cotton Ribbon around the box:



I also made this box using Kraft Card Stock for the base and some of the Early Espresso papers from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper stack.  The stamps are from the A Little Something stamp set that coordinates with the Square Pillow Box Thinlits Dies, and can be bought in a bundle with the dies for 15% savings!  The little leaves were cut with one of the small dies from the Square Pillow Box set.





Which is your favorite of these designs?

The Square Pillow Box dies, A Little Something, Thankful Forest Friends and the Into the Woods Designer Series Paper are all on the retiring list for the Holiday Catalog, so if those are on your wish list, be sure to get them before they are gone!

Here are all my supplies (you can click through the pictures to order in my online store):




Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


No comments: