Thursday, December 3, 2015

Joy to All: Snow Place Card

Hi!  Here's a Christmas card I created for last month's Wow! swap, using a technique I learned at Stampin' Up!'s Inspire.Create.Share (Convention) this summer and images from the irresistibly fun Snow Place Photopolymer Bundle, along with the Peaceful Pines bundle!  Do you like how they work together?


I took a few photos of work in progress while I was creating these cards.  Aren't these snowmen cute? If I hadn't used them on the cards, I think these would have made cute tags:


And, here's the card before it was all dressed up, with just the little snowman on there . . . you can kind of see the background technique I learned at Convention and used on the Soft Sky layer a bit here:

 And, a bit better here:



To create the sparkly stars, I used the star mask from the Hearts & Stars Decorative Masks, and sponged on Dazzling Details through the stencil.  The result is a really pretty, glittery, and even somewhat 3D background!  Learned the technique from Sara Douglass, when she was demoing how to make this beautiful card (she used the Dots & Stripes Decorative mask for hers):




Hope your holiday crafting is going well.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


Here are the supplies used to create this project.  If you'd like to purchase any, please click on the product photos, and the link should take you to my online store:

Price: $13.00
Supply List
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: