Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Paper Pumpkin Christmas: Mistletoe and Holly Kit Cards

This year, I ended up making quite a variety of Christmas cards to send out, but a fair number were made with Paper Pumpkin card kits I'd been collecting, including the awesome kit that just arrived last month!  How'd Stampin' Up! know that's just what I needed?!  So, anyway, I thought today I'd share the cards I made with the Paper Pumpkin Mistletoe and Holly kit with you.  

I started by cutting apart the cards that came in the kit, so I could make twice as many cards!  I simply layered the patterned paper parts of each of the cut-apart cards onto a Thick Whisper White card base.  The first cards I made following the kit's instructions, and here's how those turned out:







I ended up making about ten cards that way, and I still had some holly die cuts and pearls left from the kit, which I used to make a few more cards, like these:



When those ran out, I decided to add some sparkly Gold Glimmer paper (thanks to Margery for the inspiration!) and a stripe of Gold Foil Paper, along with a stamped reindeer (from the Jolly Christmas stamp set) to create some cards like these:



I still had the negative images left from the die cuts included with the kit, and decided to create a few cards with those, too:

This card has a Pear Pizzazz base with a layer of a design from the Winter Wonderland Vellum Stack on top of it. That's Red Glimmer paper layered underneath the die cut images, and the "Merry & Bright" is from the stamps included with the kit -- I stamped on a piece of Whisper White and punched it out with the Washi Label Punch.


This card is similar, except I used one of the pieces from the cards included with the kit for the first layer after the card base.

I also created some cards with the mistletoe negative images:


For this one, I used a Pear Pizzazz base, a strip from the Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper, some Red Glimmer Paper, and a bow from Gold Cording Trim.

For the next cards, I decided to try layering the negative piece on some Pear Pizzazz, and flipped it over to the white side so there would be more contrast.  I stamped the background image from the You've Got This stamp set in Gold ink onto the negative piece.  I embellished with Pearl Jewels and Gold 1/8" Ribbon.  (The gold foil background papers are not from Stampin' Up! . . . they came as a bonus in a card magazine I got last Christmas, and I couldn't resist using them since they went so well with the mistletoe die cut . . . ):




Whew!  Thanks for staying with me through all of those!  And, thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: