Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Bit of Old, a Bit of New . . . Botanical Blooms Sneak Peek

Happy New Year!!!  So, a bit of pre-Christmas craft room cleaning actually happened here, and one of my big discoveries while doing that was an Everyday Occasions card kit that needed to be finished.  I finally had some time to stamp yesterday, and managed to finish the cards from the kit. Then, I decided to take some leftover pieces from that kit and combine them with some stamping and die cut pieces created with the Botanical Blooms Bundle from the Occasions 2016 Catalog.  

Here are the note cards I created:





Probably my favorite part of this project was creating the background paper. I started with the Watercolor Wash background stamp, inked up in Pool Party, and stamped that onto a piece of Whisper White.  Then, I added various sizes of flower stamps from the Botanical Blooms Stamp set, and finished by stamping the flower centers in Island Indigo.  Hard to see in these photos, but I added touches of glimmer to the paper and the lines next to the "thank you" using my new Wink of Stella pen.

Creating the flower embellishments was also extremely fun.  They were created using the Botanical Builder Framelits and some card stock scraps I'd dyed in various ink colors and spritzed with gold ink for a rainbow journal project a couple years ago (you can read more about that here).  The flower centers are made with the It's My Party Enamel Dots, which will be available January 5th, along with the Botanical Blooms bundle and all the other great new products from the Occasions Catalog.

Plus, Sale-a-Bration also starts January 5th!!!  That means you get to choose one of the awesome, exclusive new Sale-a-Bration products for FREE for each $50 (before shipping and tax) in Stampin' Up! products you buy!  Whoo Hoo!

If you don't have your Occasions or Sale-a-Bration Catalog yet, please leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know!  If you do have your Catalogs, please leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite new products are!

Look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


No comments: