Friday, February 12, 2016

Birthday and Valentine Blooms Cards


Hi!  Quick post today to share a couple of cards I created with the Birthday Blooms stamp set.   The first one could be a birthday or Valentine's day card . . . or just because . . . 


The card base is Watermelon Wonder, and I used a layer of the Botanical Gardens vellum, then the polka dot design is from the Birthday Bouquet Designer Series paper.  I stamped the bloom with Archival Black, water-colored with Watermelon Wonder, Mossy Meadow, and Hello Honey.  I also added a bit of Gold Wink of Stella to the flower center.  I fussy cut the bloom, added swirls of Gold Thread behind it, then attached it to the card using dimensionals:


The second card uses the same color combination and a different design from the Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper:


The ribbon is Wild Wasabi Seam Binding Ribbon.  Here's a close up of my water-colored image:


The spots around the background are stamped with the splatter image in the Birthday Blooms set, and since this image was on watercolor paper, I was able to pull some of the ink from those to create a soft, stippled background effect.

Hope you like these, and hope you are having a wonderful day!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle



No comments: