Saturday, February 20, 2016

Happy Birthday Love Bug

Happy Saturday!!  A quick post today to share a fun card I made recently, using the Sunburst Bundle and Beautiful Ride stamp set, along with the Balloon Celebration stamp set.  I love how these different sets work together!!! 

This first picture is of the card in progress.  At this point, I have the Crumb Cake card base, a layer of Calypso Coral and slightly smaller layer of Whisper White, on which I've stamped clouds from Balloon Celebration using Pool Party ink.  I rounded the corners of those two layers using the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.  Then, on top of that is the layer of So Saffron, which I die cut with the Sunburst Die and stamped the rays with the dotted line image from the coordinating stamp set using Calypso Coral ink (and Gold Wink of Stella, though you can't see that in the photo).  There's a circle of Gold Glimmer Paper, topped with a smaller circle of So Saffron with the greeting from Sunburst Sayings, stamped in Calypso Coral.  I think I could have stopped here and had a cute birthday card --  what do you think?  


\

But, of course, I didn't stop there!  I added the Bug from Beautiful Ride (stamped with Tuxedo Black onto Soft Sky, then the wheels with markers, added a mini brad in the center, and colored the windows with White Gel Pen and Clear Wink of Stella, then topped with a layer of Fine Tip Glue).  I used White Baker's Twine to add a bow and gel pen for strings to tie the balloons (in Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, and Calypso Coral, with a touch of white gel pen to create a highlight and a layer of Fine Tip Glue to make them shine) to the car, and voila:


Here's the finished inside of the card (although not yet glued into the card base in this picture!  oops!).  The images are from Balloon Celebration, except for the dotted line, which is from Sunburst Sayings:



Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: