Monday, February 29, 2016

Stained Glass Rose Birthday Card

For my mom's birthday a couple weeks back, I knew I wanted to create a special card with the Rose Wonder bundle.  My amazingly talented friend Marlene and I had just been swapping, and she'd sent me a card inspired by Dena Rekow, who has a wealth of inspiring projects and techniques on her blog, www.thecreativitycave.com!  After seeing Dena's Stained Glass Technique post and video, I decided to give that a try.  Here's how my card turned out:




I used a Sahara Sand card base, then a layer of Basic Black, topped with the beautiful rose pattern from the Timeless Elegance Designer Paper, as well as a lace pattern (peeking through at the bottom).  I sponged Rose Red and Pear Pizzazz onto the roses and leaves on the designer paper.  I tied some Sahara Sand Lace Trim around the card.  The outline for the rose is cut from a Gold Foil sheet, and I filled in the rose with Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, and Rose Red.  The leaves are filled with Pear Pizzazz and Always Artichoke.

It takes a while to place the pieces back into the outline, but I think the end result is really worth it!!  Looking forward to trying this again with some other color combinations.  Hope you are inspired to try it, too!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: