Saturday, April 30, 2016

SUper Friends Clean and Simple Card Swap

We had a fun gathering this week of my SUper Friends (demonstrator group), including a swap of Clean and Simple cards.  I love what everyone came up with, and I think you will, too!

Here is Fanny's beautiful Mother's Day card, using the Rose Wonder dies:


Fanny used watercolor paper, and watercolored lightly behind the rose and leaves in Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.  The greeting flags are a perfect touch, too!

Nancy created this simply stunning mini notecard with Cherry Cobbler card stock, and flowers punched out of the Very Vanilla layer using the Petite Petals punch:


The pearls added to the negative space for the flower centers are so elegant, too!  

Judy's brilliant card uses the Just Kidding stamp set, and she cleverly colored the sassy lady from this stamp set using watercolor stamps from the Work of Art stamp set.  She also scored a border around the edges, which is a great way to add a touch of texture and dimension:


The inside cracks me up, too:  


For her card, Connie S. created this gorgeous Christmas thank you note using the Festival of Trees stamp set (which is retiring . . . make sure you get yours before these are gone!).  I love the details she added, like the red glimmer ornaments on the tree (which I think are made with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, but I'm in awe of how perfectly round and uniform Connie was able to make them!  Going to have to find out her secret for that -- maybe she'll leave comment and tell us! ;)  ), the gold star, and the hand-drawn line around the edge -- so nicely done!!!


 Connie designed matching envelopes for her cards as well:


Jana used the retiring hostess set Best Thoughts on watercolor paper, to create this gorgeously colored card:



That's the Birthday Bouquet Designer Series paper in the background, and the sweet bow is a length of Watermelon Wonder Lace Trim (going to miss that!  Might have to stock up before it's retired and gone for good!)

For her cards, Agnes created some beautiful alternate designs with the February 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit (and I had to include a photo of the lovely coordinating envelopes, too!):






And, I had given you a sneak peek of the stamped layer of my card, made with the bonus set from this month's Paper Pumpkin kit, but here's how the finished card turned out:


The doodled line under the greeting is from the Tin of Cards set, and the two dots are Perfect Accents.

I also have some bonus projects to show you!!!  Here's a beautiful bag created by Judy with the retiring Hostess set Floral Wings:



And, Connie S. brought her finished framed art from our last swap to share with us:


Turned out so beautiful!!!!  I love the bright and cheery Hello Honey paper in the background!

Thanks, SUper Friends, for letting me share your amazing works of art!!!

And, thank you for visiting my blog!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend and manage to get in some time to create!

- Michelle

2 comments:

CraftyJAR said...

Can't wait to get my hands on my cards. So sorry I missed the hang out.

Anonymous said...

I did use Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details for the glittery ornaments on the tree! My secret for making them all round and the same size? Wearing my readers helped me focus, and I made sure the morning caffeine was out of my system before attempting it! ;o)
Hugs, Connie S