Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lovely Little Wreaths for Mother's Day

Hi!  Whew!  May is already flying by!!!  Hope it is going well for you!  

I loved the May Paper Pumpkin kit, Lovely Little Wreath, so much that I decided I wanted to create a special wreath for my mom, mom-in-law, and grandmas-in-law.  Here's how those turned out:


This one is created more or less as shown in the kit's directions:


For the bright and happy flowers on this one, I decided to add some smaller hand-dyed flowers into the centers:



 For this wreath, I used flowers I had hand-dyed Filter paper by spritzing on watered-down Calypso Coral ink refill, as well as a hint of Melon Mambo:


Here are some close ups of the flowers:




The flowers were punched with Petite Petals and the flower from Itty Bitty Punch Trios, and are held together with mini silver brads, which I was also able to use to anchor some of the flowers that aren't on the branch into the wreath.

And, here is a version with flowers dyed with Melon Mambo and Blackberry Bliss ink refills:







Hope you like these!  Which version is your favorite?

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

P.S.  If you aren't already a Paper Pumpkin subscriber and would like to learn more or sign up, be sure to click here to go to my Paper Pumpkin website!  



No comments: