Thursday, June 30, 2016

Paper Pumpkin -- Banner Surprise!

 Last Friday was Paper Pumpkin Power Hour!  Everyone who came decided to work on this month's Paper Pumpkin Kit, which is called Banner Surprise.  The kit comes with supplies to create cards with shaker-banners attached to them.  I especially love the colors of the fun sequins and the Washi Tape (gold and Peekaboo Peach)!

I started by creating a couple of the banners to attach to cards.  Here's how one of the pieces looks from the front:


And, the same piece from the back.  If you look closely you can see a glue dot back there, holding the circle in place so the letter won't go spinning around (a tip I found on Pinterest here).


Here's my finished "happy" banner:


With apologies for the super-grainy photo, here's the banner I created for my friend Marlene:


And, here's the outside of one of the cards I stamped before I attached the banner:


I had great fun stamping the inside as well!  Can you tell I'm enjoying the stamps that came with this kit?


And, here's one of the cards finished:

 
For this one, I used mini gold clothespins to hold all the banner pieces together and then tied them to the card.

Here's the other card, which I did following the kit's directions:


Half of the banner ends up on front of the card, and the other half ends up on the back:


A close up to show off the pretty sequins:



I also stamped up the envelopes:


And, used more the pretty washi tape to close it:



I'm looking forward to finishing up more cards from this kit and trying out some of the alternate ideas I've seen on Pinterest.  If you'd like to check out my Pinterest board with alternates, you can see that by clicking here.

While supplies last, Paper Pumpkin subscribers can get refills for this kit here.

Not a subscriber yet?  If you would like to learn more or sign up, be sure to click here to go to my Paper Pumpkin website!  


Thanks so much for visiting my blog!


- Michelle

No comments: