Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pop of Paradise Easel Card

Happy Wednesday!  The boys and I had a fun adventure today at a local park and zoo that hosted a Pokémon Go day.  We used to go there frequently when the boys were really little, so it was fun to go back and remember those times, while making new memories.   The boys liked that they were able to catch some new Pokémon, too, of course!  

Anyway, the card I'd like to share with you today is a flamingo card, and while we didn't see any flamingos at the zoo today, we sure did see a lot on our trip to San Diego last week!  I think my favorite was this flamingo, who was cooling off on a super-hot day by sticking his or her face into a stream of water (kinda wished I could do that, too!):



For the card, I was inspired by this card I saw on Pinterest to make an easel card with the flamingo from the Pop of Paradise stamp set, and flowers from the Botanical Builders Framelits.  I inked my flamingo image with Flirty Flamingo, then added color to the beak and legs with a black Stampin' Write marker before stamping:  


My flamingo-stamped piece and its frame are cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits.  The card base is Emerald Envy, one of the new 2016-18 In Colors.  The flowers are die cut with the Botanical Builders Framelits, as are the leaves, which are also stamped with the Botanical Blooms set.  I added Rhinestone Jewels to the flower centers.

Here's the card with the easel folded up:


And, here's the inside of the card:


I used a strip of the Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon along with the die cut flower to help the easel stay in place.  Such pretty ribbon!

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: