Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Sitting Here Cards

Happy Tuesday!  Today's cards are all created with the Sitting Here stamp set.  Such a fun set with wonderful line art to color (kinda perfect since I understand today is National Coloring Book Day!)  

Anyway, for my first card, I decided to stamp on watercolor paper, and used a sort of borderless watercoloring technique (rather than creating an outline in black or gray, I stamped in the same color I wanted to fill a section with, and used the ink from the line to watercolor the image):


The background texture is created with Woodgrain Embossing Folder.  I heat embossed the greeting in white on a strip of Early Espresso.  There's a linen thread bow with a Metal Rimmed Pearl in the center to add a bit more dimension and interest to the card.

Here's a peek inside:


For the next card, I wanted to show the versatility of the set -- you can do more than just stamp a porch swing! - as well as try out my new Layering Squares framelits dies:


Notice how I used one of the pillow images to create a border along the bottom, too?!  Here's a clearer view of the flower image (stamped on Shimmery White, and colored with markers and a bit of watercoloring to spread and lighten the intensity of the marker ink):


And, the inside of this card:



The idea for the next card was copied from a clean and simple sample provided by Stampin' Up! for demonstrators, and I think the only thing I added is the little fussy cut flower on the greeting:



And, the next card is copied from page 100 of the Annual Catalog (though I did change the dog to a cat and add a bird for the cat to watch!)



This final card for today is CASEd from this beautiful card I found on Pinterest by Carolina Evans, which combines sitting here with a background created using the Awesomely Artistic stamp set:


Thanks for checking those out!

Other news today is that Thoughtful Branches is now available to order (you can get just the stamps  or a bundle with stamps and coordinating dies).  And, starting today, you can redeem any bonus dollars you earned last month!  Whoo hoo!

- Michelle

No comments: