Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Halloween Tricks and Treats Class - Jar of Haunts Surprise Message Card!

Hi everyone!  Today I have another of the cards for my upcoming Halloween Tricks and Treats Class to share with you.  This started as a CASE of this card from Julie at www.thewaywestamp.com, and you'll see I stayed pretty true to Julie's card with just a few tweaks . . .  

I love how Julie combined the Jar of Haunts Stamp Set, Jar of Love Bundle and Labeler Alphabet set. Although I changed up the card base and first layer colors, I copied the rest of the basic elements from her card:




My background is done a bit differently than Julie's because I decided to do a faux watercoloring technique using the Watercolor Wash Background stamp.  I also added a surprise element to the jar -- not sure if you'd call it a trick, a treat, or a bit of both -- but, it opens to reveal this sweet hidden message:


For the inside of the card, I decided to go with a clean and simple greeting (from the Jar of Haunts set):



After I was finished, I decided to try out some Enamel Dots in some of the flower centers:


What do you think?  Should I have left well enough alone or are the dots a good addition?

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: