Monday, September 19, 2016

Halloween Tricks and Treats Class: Spooky Fun Watercolor and Grunge Card

Happy Monday!  I'm very excited for my Halloween Tricks and Treats Class coming up this Sunday and wanted to share a closer look today at one of the cards we'll be creating in that class:



My favorite feature of this card is the spooky watercolor sunset behind the die cut tree silhouette!  I have a fun and surprisingly easy trick to teach those who come to class about how to get this look!

I used the Spooky Fun stamp set and coordinating Halloween Scene Edgelits to create this card (save 10% when you purchase those together as a bundle!), along with the Ghoulish Grunge set and Project Life Paper Clips Thinlits Dies.  I added a bit of Gold Metallic Thread behind the pumpkins:


Then, I created another version of the card, and decided to use Black Metallic Thread:


Here's a closer view of that:


Which do you like better?

And, I finished the inside as well:



Also, have you seen this week's deals?  There are some great bargains on Project Life Kits and Accessory Packs as well as the Layering Oval Thinlits Dies!  You can check them out in my online store here (but deals end soon -- on 9/21/16!!!)

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: