Thursday, September 22, 2016

Halloween Tricks and Treats Class: Dracula's Coffin Treat Box

Hi!  Hope you are having a terrific Thursday!  I'm back today with the final project for Sunday's Halloween Tricks and Treats Class -- a coffin-shaped treat box, created with the Home Sweet Home Thinlits Dies and decorated with a combination of the Sweet Home, Spooky Fun, Ghoulish Grunge, Jar of Haunts, Cookie Cutter Halloween and Hardwood stamp sets (whew!  That's a lot of sets!).  

This project was inspired by Martha Inchley's Dracula's Home Sweet Home.  I did my best to reverse-engineer her design, and in the process tried some different colors and shapes, until I settled on the version for class.  

Here's one of my attempts with Basic Black card stock: 


Ultimately, I decided I like Basic Gray a bit better, since the woodgrain shows up nicely on it! And, here are a couple of boxes I created with that:



And, actually, here's a picture of several of my creations, lined up and open:


Here's a closer inside view of a couple of these -- you can see I took Martha's idea of using a window sheet inside for Dracula to rest on:



As you might have noticed, I decided to line the inside of the box with some red card stock (thanks to my talented friend Jana for the idea -- she used felt in her awesome creation, which you can see by clicking here):



The window sheet can help contain some added treats as well:
 


Pretty fun, right?!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


No comments: