Thursday, November 3, 2016

October Paper Pumpkin Season of Gratitude Shaker Cards

Last Friday was a Paper Pumpkin Power Hour, and I managed to get my October kit completed!!! Well, I should say I managed to finish the 8 cards the kit was designed to make.  I plan to make some more cards with some leftover pieces from the kit, but haven't had a chance to do that yet.  

The October kit is called Season of Gratitude, and I liked the design so well, I followed the instructions pretty exactly!  Here are two of the cards I made that way:




And, here's my slight variation (just moved the greeting off center!):


A bit hard to tell from my photos, but these are shaker cards, with some wonderful fall-colored sequins that shake around in the leaf windows.  As we were creating these, Connie M. came up with the great idea of creating smaller compartments around each leaf, so that the sequins would stay closer to each leaf rather than ending up on one side of the card or the other!  We were ble to do this by using the foam adhesive strips that came in the kit not just around the leaves, but also in between them.  Thankfully, Stampin' Up! was generous with those, so there were more than enough to do that on all the cards!

Just checked, and there are still refill kits available for this kit!  So, if you are a Paper Pumpkin subscriber and would like to make more, you can order those here (available while supplies last!)  And, if you are not a subscriber yet, you'll want to sign up before November 10th!  Stampin' Up! has given us a sneak peek at this month's box and it looks wonderful!  (You can see the sneak peek, get more information about, or sign up for Paper Pumpkin here).

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


No comments: