Saturday, November 19, 2016

Soccer Thank Yous

Happy Saturday!  It's been a rainy day here, and I've been able to visit a couple craft shows and even do quit a bit of stamping on my own projects!!!  So, that's been wonderful!  Hope you are having a great Saturday, too!

Last weekend was the end of the regular soccer season for my youngest son.  Earlier in the season, I had made some thank you cards for his team to sign for Referee Appreciation Day, and here's how those turned out:


The soccer ball and stamp behind it are from a retired stamp set, Great Sport.  The "thanks" die cut is from the Hello You Thinlits.  I cut a "thanks" from both Whisper White and Basic Black, then layered them.  (The idea for that came from a card made by my friend Judy-Ann, which you can see here).  The shiny star at the end of the thanks is a Metallic Enamel shape.  By the way, you'll want to be sure to stock up on these during the 24-hour special on them on Monday, November 21st!!!  The green on the card is Emerald Envy.

I used the same layout for the coaches thank you cards, just changing the color to Soft Sky, since that was pretty much the boys' uniform color.  I embossed the background stamps from Great Sport in Silver Embossing Powder.  And, for this card I decided to reverse the Whisper White and Basic Black on the thanks:



I'm really loving the Thick Whisper White for making sturdy card bases, too!  That's what I used for these, and they held up beautifully through having 13 players and their parents signing the cards!  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!  Watch for more info about the Online Extravaganza coming soon!!!

- Michelle




No comments: