Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Candy Cane Lane Reindeer

Happy Wednesday!  Today I have a card to share with you that I created for an over-the-top Wow! swap.  The challenge in the swap was to create with Washi Tape.  For the swap, I used the Candy Cane Lane Washi Tape (discounted as part of the Year-End Closeouts, so it's a great time to stock up!) to create a fun background.  I also used the Washi Tape to dress up some Whisper White Organza Ribbon.  Here's how the card turned out with the ribbon (unfortunately my only photo before I sent the cards off . . . and didn't save one of these for a retake! Oops!!):



And, here's another version without the organza ribbon:


I used Blushing Bride card stock behind the washi tape.  The reindeer (stamped in Soft Suede on Soft Suede) and greeting (Real Red) are from the Santa's Sleigh Bundle.  The flower on the reindeer is made with the Tree Builder Punch, and has one of the smallest of the Pearl Jewels in the center.  The Whisper White circle behind the deer is made with a die from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  The stitches at the bottom of the card were stamped in Crumb Cake ink onto the Crumb Cake card stock using an image from the Lovely Stitching Stamp Set.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

P.S.  Don't miss out on the Year-End Closeouts -- you can see what's available in my online store here.


No comments: