Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Candy Cane Lane Self-Closing Treat Boxes

Hello!  Today I have some self-closing treat boxes to share with you.  These are a fun way to package up some chocolates or other treats -- you could even tuck a gift card in with them, too!

While I for some crazy reason can no longer find the video tutorial I used when I created these, thankfully there are others available -- including this one by Dawn Griffith, which has the dimensions for creating a basic box.  After you've done that, you can play around and figure out other sizes that will work (like Jana's box here) -- and can create fancy edges on the top of your box, too, as you'll see I did!

Here's how my completely finished boxes turned out:




The one in the center is a standard size box, as you'll make if you follow the directions in Dawn's tutorial.  For the other two boxes, I tried cutting a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 card stock in half, so I'd start with 8-1/2 x 5-1/2" pieces (always trying to figure out ways to get more out of one sheet of card stock! ;)  Ha!)  

Here's a close up of my standard sized box front:

 And back:

How do you like that ribbon?  Do you recognize it?  That's Whisper White Organza with the peppermint candy design from the Candy Cane Lane Washi Tape layered on top of the ribbon!

Here are my two smaller boxes:




For this one, I scalloped the top of the bag using the Best Badge Punch.  (You can see a video on how to do this technique here).

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Candy Cane Christmas (retiring, and currently available at a discount as part of the Year-End Closeout, while supplies last!!!)
Ink:  Real Red
Paper:  Real Red and Whisper White Card Stock; Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper (sadly already retired and sold out)
Accessories:  Candy Cane Lane Designer Washi Tape (also retiring, and available at a discount while supplies last!); Whisper White Organza Ribbon; Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine; Stitched Shapes Framelits;  Best Badge Punch


Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


No comments: