Saturday, December 31, 2016

Favorites of 2016!

Happy New Year's Eve!  It'll be a quiet day here, as most of the family is recovering from an energy-sapping cough and cold.  Perhaps that will be an opportunity for some cardmaking . . . my craft table is looking a little too clean at the moment! ;)

Anyway, thought this would be a fun time to look back over this year's creations on my blog and share a favorite from each month!  Here we go:

From January, I chose these cards created with the One Great Year Paper Pumpkin kit:


Really love the watercolor-look prints, and it was so fun to put those together!  I'm looking forward to doing something similar with this month's Paper Pumpkin kit!


While the next one is actually more of a January creation as well, I posted it in February, so I'm going with that!  This is the 13th birthday card I made for my fan of the Doctor:




One of my favorite annual events, the Hostess Appreciation Tea, happened in March this year, and here's one of my favorite projects from that:


In April, my SUper Friends demonstrator group did our first 3x3 card exchange, which resulted in this framed spring artwork sampler:


My favorite project from May was creating these card totes:



Hmm . . . seeing those makes me want to make more!  Maybe with some new papers from the upcoming Sale-a-Bration and Occasions Catalogs?

June was an exciting time with the release of the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, and my favorite project from that month is this card showing off the then-new 2016-2018 In Colors:


July seems to have been the month for double z fold cards on my blog!  Here's one I created as a thank you for some special baseball coaches:



My favorite project from August is this card made using the Star of Light stamp set and the galaxy technique:


This September project is a favorite in part because of the happy memories of an afternoon spent helping some great kids at the Ronald McDonald house make their own versions of it:


October brought another amazing 3x3 swap with the SUper Friends, and this holiday sampler:


In November, we had the Stitched from the Heart special, which gave us a sneak peek of the new Stitched Shapes Framelits (available again in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog) and inspired me to whip up a batch of cards like this one:



And, for December, I chose this pop-up card -- very thankful to my friend Jana for teaching me how to make these!




Hope you enjoyed this look back at projects from 2016!!!  Looking forward to lots more crafting fun in 2017!  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!   Happy New Year!!!

- Michelle

No comments: