Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Santa's Sleigh Treat Holder


 Happy Tuesday!  Popping in to share a treat holder that I created using the Santa's Sleigh Bundle.  Here it is empty:



And, here with some tea and chocolate:


A couple of them parked on my (messy) desk:



To create these sleighs, I cut 2 of each of the full sleigh in Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler, and two of the ornate design in Always Artichoke.  I glued these together using some multi on a sponge (a great tip I picked up from Connie Stewart here).

For the box piece, I used a 3-1/2” x 2” piece of Always Artichoke, scored on the 3-1/2” side at ½” and 2-1/2”, and scored on the 2” side at ¼” and 1-3/4”.  I used tear and tape to attach that to the sides of the sleigh die cuts (tip:  you can cut the tear and tape in half to fit the tabs better).  I covered the box piece outside with a Cherry Cobbler piece measuring 3-1/2 x 1-1/2”, scored on the 3-1/2” side at ½” and 2-1/2”.  For a finishing touch, I painted Gold Wink of Stella on the outside of the sleigh sides.  So, you can't tell from the photos, but this project has a beautiful glimmer and glow in real life!

Hope you have fun making some sleigh treat boxes of your own!  Please let me know if you do and share photos!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
- Michelle

No comments: