Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Up, Up & Away!

Happy 2017!!!  And, yay, it's Sale-a-Bration time!!!  If you haven't had a chance to check out the new Sale-a-Bration brochure and Occasions Catalog, you can do that by clicking on the links either here in the text or in my blog sidebar!

I've been having fun trying out new products, and one of the first things I wanted to try were the Watercolor Pencils!  Here are a few of the first pieces I created with these (and you'll see I have a tin of retired watercolor pencils out in the mix on my desk, too . . . wanted to see how the colors compared!  Turns out the new ones are more true to Stampin' Up!'s colors, and I think they are even smoother, too!  


I decided to use backgrounds I created using a wash of Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive watercolor pencils, scribbled onto Watercolor Paper and then blended with an Aquapainter, as sky for balloons created with the new Lift Me Up Bundle.

The dies make it so easy to cut out colorful balloons.  Here's the back of my balloon, so you can see all the rainbow pieces (that's Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry, layered onto a Pacific Point balloon outline):



And, here are the finished cards:






The clouds were cut using dies from the Up & Away Thinlits.  The greetings are from the Lift Me Up set.  The ovals were created with the Stitched Shapes Framelits (not currently available, but coming back soon . . . ).  Each card also has Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine wrapped around it.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle



No comments: