Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sweet Succulent Garden for a Friend

Today's project is one of the 3D items I created for a recent swap with my friend Marlene.  I wanted to make a miniature terrarium filled with some always blooming succulents, made with the Oh So Succulent Bundle!   The "Friend" tag is created with the Layering Circle Framelits and the new Make a Medallion stamp set (available for FREE with a $50 order as part of the Sale-a-Bration second release). 



The tag also has a heart from the Subtles Enamel Shapes on it.  The bow around the top of the terrarium is Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon



I found the dome in the miniature display section of a certain big-box craft store, and created the base for it using the Layering Circle Framelits (though had to trace around the largest scallop and fussy cut to get the exact size I wanted).  In the photos below, you can see that I lined the inside of the terrarium with a circle cut from the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper.  I also tied a bit of Linen Thread around the base.




Colors used for these succulents were Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush, and Emerald Envy.  The large flower centers are circles from the Subtles Enamel Shapes.

If you'd like to create some Succulent Gardens of your own, you can purchase the  Oh So Succulent Bundle and other supplies in my online store here.  (And, even better, from now through March 31, 2017, for every $50 you spend (not including tax and shipping) you can earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item like the Make a Medallion set!).

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: