Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter Eggs and Cartons

Hi!  Hope you had a Happy Easter!  Life has been busy and filled with some exciting new changes, so you might have noticed that I have fallen behind in posting!  I do have some Easter projects I'd like to share with you -- better late than never, right?! ;)    

I found some chalkboard eggs, and thought it would be fun to dress them up Stampin'  Up! style!  I started by using White Craft Ink with stamps from Basket Bunch and a past Paper Pumpkin kit (February 2016's stamp set):  





I discovered that the ink was not drying on the eggs' surface, so decided to solve that problem and add a bit of color as well, using some dimensional paper paint:








I also decided to paint and decorate some wooden eggs.  I started with acrylic paint, but then decided to go for an ombre look, so sponged on some Stampin' Up! Classic Ink (Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Dapper Denim, and Sweet Sugarplum).  I stamped dots from the Avant Garden (Sale-a-Bration) set with gold acrylic paint (an experiment . . . probably would have been a lot easier just to use gold ink!), then finished with some dimensional paint for the border and some rub-ons (sealed on with a coating of clear nail polish):




I decided to package these up in Mini Egg Cartons, which I had spritzed with Pool Party and Tempting Turquoise and a mystery color (either Peekaboo Peach or Strawberry Slush) with Calypso Coral on the outside:


For the top, I added one of the doilies from the Occasions Catalog (on the retiring list, and now sold out :(  ), some In Color Ruched Ribbon (also retiring, but still available as of the time I'm writing), and some die cut flowers (made with the Botanical Builders Framelits).  



Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: