Saturday, July 29, 2017

Whipping Up Some Coffee Cards

One of my favorite new bundles from the 2017-18 Annual Catalog is the Coffee Cafe Bundle!  I decided to create an over-the-top, technique filled card with it for a recent swap with my friend Marlene!  The idea that I came up with was to create a special background using the new Marbled Background Stamp and the emboss-resist technique.  For my embossing, I used three different colors of embossing powder -- Gold, Copper, and Clear -- randomly sprinkled onto my background stamped image and then heated.  Then, I sponged on Early Espresso Ink over the embossed image.  The background turned out so neat, I didn't want to permanently cover it up, so ended up creating a tri-fold card that would show it off.  Here's how that turned out:



I dressed up the card front with a layer of Copper Foil, the greeting is on pieces cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Layering Oval Framelits, there is a bow made with Copper Trim on the coffee cup, which was cut out of the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper using one of the dies from the Coffee Cafe Bundle, as were the coffee beans, which have some loops of Copper Metallic Thread behind them.  I added a bit of Fine-Tip Glue on top of the coffee lid and coffee beans for extra shine and dimension.




And, here's another version, with a different greeting from the same set:






The adorable little coffee cups I used on the inside of the card were also cut from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper using one of the dies from the Coffee Cafe Bundle.

I also used the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper to decorate the envelopes, so they'd coordinate nicely:


And, in case you were curious, here's how the background piece looked right after embossing (done on Whisper White card stock):


I actually created four backgrounds, and each turned out a bit different:




Here's a close up of the one I'd already inked up with Early Espresso:


This background kind of reminds me of the fancy foam on a latte . . . how about you?

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you are having a great weekend!

- Michelle

No comments: