Sunday, November 26, 2017

Peace on Earth Easel Card

Hello!  Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.  It's rainy here, so the perfect day for a crafty afternoon.  I've gotten my fingers a little inky, but am hoping to do a little more . . . first, though, have a quick blog post for you!  

Today's card is an easel card made with the Carols of Christmas Bundle and a bit of watercoloring.  The focal panel is watercolor paper, and I attempted to use the dies for the trees as "stamps" by dropping Tranquil Tide ink into them, spritzing with water, and then carefully turning the dies over onto the watercolor paper.  The trees spread a bit more than I would have liked, so I ended up going ahead and die cutting them, and adding more Tranquil Tide to them before popping them up (I had the Eclipse Technique in mind, but with trees instead of letters . . . ).  I watercolored the sky in the background as well, and when that was dry, die cut with the star and moon so that more of the Glimmer Paper underneath would shine through.  I also die cut and watercolored a deer for my scene.


Here's the easel popped up:


And, here's the inside of the card:


With the Silver Foil, Glimmer Paper and Rhinestones, this is a very sparkly card in real life!

Hope you like it!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

- Michelle

P.S. This is the last day of the Online Extravaganza!  Click here to check out the great deals in my online store.  On Monday, Nov. 27th, those Online Extravaganza deals will be over, but you can get free shipping on all orders!

No comments: