Monday, November 13, 2017

Vintage Gourd Goodness

Happy Monday!   I hope your week is off to a great start!  Wanted to pop in and share a fun technique that I used both on my piece for our recent SUper Friends fall sampler swap (you can see the rest of the creations from that in this blog post), as well as a full sized card. 

Here is my piece for the sampler, with the pumpkins from Gourd Goodness, and actually a little hard to see, but also the leaves from Gourd Goodness are stamped on the Crumb Cake base.  The leaf accent peaking out from behind the pumpkin is cut with one of the Paisley Framelits Dies from Copper Foil, and two types of Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape add a bit more interest and sparkle along the bottom of the piece.


Here's a photo of the swaps in progress, so you can see the background a bit better:



The background was created by decoupaging a piece of waxed paper onto my stamped Crumb Cake background and when the glue was dry, embossing it with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder in the Big Shot.  Then, I sponged it with Soft Suede ink.  The inspiration for this background came from a beautiful vintage card and technique tutorial by MelStampz, which you can see here: http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2009/01/sweet-new-lps-set-and-wax-paper-fresco.html.

I also made a full size card with this technique :


Here are some close ups so you can see more of the subtle color in the background (and a bit of the fun texture of the Copper Trim, spread out a bit before adhering to give it a different look, peeking out in the corner as well):



Here's how I finished the inside of the card:


And, here's a coordinating envelope.


The leaves on the inside of the card and envelope are from Gourd Goodness, and the copper strip on each is a piece of the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape.  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered how you made this exquisite card, Michelle. Now I know. What a labor of love!

Hugs,
Connie

Anonymous said...

This is a really good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Short but very accurate info… Appreciate your sharing this one.

A must read article!