Saturday, January 27, 2018

My Handmade Creations for the SUper Friends "Yankee Swap"

Hi!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  After sharing photos from the SUper Friends' Yankee Swap of handmade items, I thought it might be fun to show you the projects I made for the swap!  

I created two decor items for it.  The first was a piece of framed artwork:



I created the Northern Lights-like background on watercolor paper by dripping and spritzing ink refills onto the paper.  Then, I sprinkled salt onto the background to absorb some of the color.  After the ink was dry, I gently brushed away the salt.  The snowflakes are die cuts from the Seasonal Tag Framelits, which have carried over from the Holiday Catalog.  I cut them out of White Glimmer Paper, and added a Glitter Enamel Dot in the center.  The houses are cut with the Hometown Greetings Edgelits.  The "Joy to the World" and santa and sleigh images are from the coordinating Hearts Come Home Stamp set.  The trees in the background are from the now-retired Carols of Christmas bundle.  On the side of the "Joy to the World" banner is a tassel from the Mini Tassel Assortment (trimmed down a bit).   I sprinkled rhinestones on the background to look like sparkling stars.

I actually created another similar frame for a swap I did with my friend Marlene in December, and here is how the one I created for her turned out:


The second decor item I included in my package for the swap was this heart wreath, attached to a heart-shaped wood plaque:




The roses were made with the now retired Spiral Flower die, out of Very Vanilla, Rose Red, and Pink Pirouette card stock.  The leaves were made with the Festive Flower Builder Punch and Reason for the Season Stamp Set, with Always Artichoke paper and ink.  (If you'd like, you can see a Christmas wreath I made in this style here and another Valentine's wreath in this blog post).

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: