Monday, January 14, 2019

Merry Monday: Watercolor Techniques Cards and Snowflake Ornament and Gift Box

Happy Monday!  It's been a bit of a cold and rainy day here in California, so that maybe inspired my choice of projects to share just a little bit!  I have two Christmas cards with some fun watercolor techniques, plus a snowflake ornament with a matching gift box!

The first card features the Faux Bleach Technique with the Timeless Tidings Stamp Set.  I heat embossed the poinsettia image repeatedly on a piece of Shimmery White Card Stock, then sponged on Real Red and Mossy Meadow inks.  I used an Aquapainter to blend the color inside the petals.  I also used the Aquapainter to remove color on the outside of the images, then drew with a Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Marker to add some leaves.  Finally, I gently flicked the Aquapainter to add speckles onto my artwork: 


I finished the card by layering my painted piece onto a piece of Gold Foil, which in turn was layered onto a piece of Whisper White embossed with the Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, and that was layered onto one of the Gold Foil Edged Cards


The greeting is stamped on a strip of Vellum Card Stock, and I finished the card with some scattered mini gold sequins and a piece of Real Red Mixed Satin Ribbon.



The next card is a gatefold created with the Still Night Stamp Set, uses the borderless watercolor technique for the owl, and has a background created with washes of Balmy Blue and Silver Shimmer Paint on watercolor paper.  The foil behind the watercolor paper is embossed with the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  The Balmy Blue Card Stock on the opposite panel is embossed with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder:





The last project is this 3D ornament, created by glueing together multiple snowflake die cuts (6 large and 6 small) from the Snowflake Showcase bundle.  These were actually cut from velvet paper, so have a wonderful, soft texture to them as well.  I added a small rhinestone in the center of each of the small snowflakes for some sparkle.


I created a coordinating box to hold the ornament, with snowflake die cuts on the top and a bit of the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon :




Hope you enjoyed these projects!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Michelle


No comments: