Thursday, January 17, 2019

Tropical Chic Card and Boxes

It's another rainy day here in San Jose, so thought I'd share some tropical cards to brighten the day! 

The first project is a variation of a card I showed you last summer, using the same technique to create the flowers.  I used Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper for the three panels behind the Tropical Chic flowers, and chose flower colors to complement that:


The next two projects are boxes with hinged lids that I created following this tutorial by Dena Rekow.   Dena's tutorial is for the smaller size box.  I did some math to upsize it for the larger, Daffodil Delight box.  These were very fun to create and decorate! 



I used the Delicate Lace Edgelits around this box, as well as Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon.  The smaller box is tied with Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon.  The "frames" and centers on both boxes were cut with the Layering Circle Framelits.  The frame on the  larger box is stamped with an image from the Swirly Frames set








I found some fun "Flavor of Hawaii" Hershey Kisses to put in the smaller box -- and those inspired the color schemes for both boxes as well!

Hope you like these.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, where did you find the special 'flavor of Hawaii' Hershey Kisses? I'm intrigued! Love your card and both boxes. Do I smell a class? ;o)

Connie S