Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Rooted in Nature Fancy Fold Card and Gift Box

Hi!  Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!  Today, I have a couple cards and a gift box to share with you that I created with the Rooted in Nature stamp set and Nature's Roots Dies.

These cards are both z-folds (created by scoring the front of the card base in half, folding it back and then attaching another layer or more on top).  I created my own designer paper for these by stamping the wonderful leaf images from Rooted in Nature in different fall shades (Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and So Saffron).  I also die cut and embossed some leaves from Copper Foil and added some Copper Thread for an accent behind the greeting, which is cut with one of the Stitched Ovals.



To make this gift box take shape, I did a bit of scoring, cutting, and gluing.  Before assembly, I stamped leaves on the box lid -- it's made of Rich Razzleberry card stock, and I used the same color of classic ink, for a subtle tone-on-tone look.  The box base is Pumpkin Pie, and I made a "belly band" for the box out of Blackberry Bliss and some fun burlap ribbon (now retired, though one of the new Scalloped Linen Ribbons would be a great substitute).  I created a mini card out of Sahara Sand for the tag.







Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle


No comments: