Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Dream of Stamping Color Challenge -- Go USA! Card

Here's my card for the first I Dream of Stamping Challenge -- it's a color challenge -- you can choose to use the colors of the country you are cheering for in the Olympics, or you can choose to be inspired by the Olympic ring colors!  Click here to see more information about the challenge as well as Jana and Jane's fabulous cards!

I decided to make a card with USA colors -- and thought it would be fun to use to make a card for my brother's birthday this week!  The layout is from the Mojo Monday Week 125 Sketch. 
 
 

I used Real Red, Whisper White and Night of Navy, and then the designer paper came from the Patterns Pack III Designer Paper -- this is one of the Level 1 choices that you can choose for free with a Stampin' Up! order or workshop of $150 or more!  Or, if you create a card for the I Dream of Stamping Color Challenge, you could win a package -- since that's the prize for the challenge winner!

The presents are from the Happy Moments Sale-a-Bration set.  I stamped them with Night of Navy and then used an Aquapainter to pick up color from my Night of Navy and Real Red Classic Ink Pad lids to watercolor the presents.

I added a few punched stars and a bit of sparkle with Crystal Effects and Chunky Sprinkles Glitter.  The ribbon is Real Red 5/8" Satin Ribbon. 

Look forward to seeing what you create for the Color Challenge!!!

- Michelle

P.S.  Couldn't resist showing you my "helper" while I was trying to photograph this card.  Isabella the cat really didn't like the card stealing her spotlight . . . she ended up knocking it over moments later. 

2 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

ROFL! I totally think that is so cute how she decided to steal the spotlight! But that card is super cute so I think she decided that physically knocking it down was the way to go. BTW, the blog looks AWESOME, girl!

Anonymous said...

Love the simple design and the color scheme of this artwork, Michelle. Your fury friend story cracks me up!
Marlene Caravello