Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rose-Covered Mini Easter Basket

This little basket is a 3D item I created for a recent swap with my friend Marlene.  I thought it would make a cute Easter basket, and filled it with Smooth & Melty Mints, since those were the closest thing to Easter candies I could find when I made it!   This could also make a cute favor for a spring birthday party or gathering.


You might recognize the bottom of the basket as cut from the same die I used for the cupcakes for my hostess tea.  It is from the Bigz XL Table Setting Die.  This time, though, I used Crumb Cake (kraft) card stock, and after die cutting on the Big Shot, ran the card stock through my crimper.  I would release pressure on the crimper and turn the card stock every so often to keep the lines roughly vertical.



The handle was created by die cutting Crumb Cake card stock with the Tasteful Trim Die (again with the Big Shot).   I glued that into the basket base.  The base of the basket also has a Fancy Flower Fold flower in the base to fill the hole in the bottom -- same as with the cupcake bases.

The roses started as Marina Mist circles that I had punched out, and then trimmed into a spiral.  I twirled them up and then glued them.   The leaves are Old Olive card stock that I die cut using the Little Leaves die. 

I packaged the candy in a Small Cello bag, tied at the top with a piece of Pear Pizzazz Stitched Poly Twill Ribbon.

Don't know about you, but I can't wait for spring!!! 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle VanWiggeren

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this little basket...so pretty. I am so fortunate to have this beauty in 3D as well. You are so clever, Michelle. Great idea using our products!

Teacher Jane said...

This is such a pretty project, Michelle! xoxo

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful!! Love how your roses turned out!!

Jan Hoyt said...

Michelle...what a DARLING little basket, I love it! Congrats on being the winner for Big Shot Challenge 109 on LNS. I would have missed your project if Mary Jo hadn't posted the congrats note.

Will definitely be trying this out for my March stamp club ladies, there is not doubt that they will LOVE it!

Jan Hoyt O'Fallon, IL
www.inkerzaway.blogspot.com

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

Congratulations on winning the challenge...you deserve it!!!