Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Digital Studio -- Caught Fishin' Page

I've been doing a good bit of digital scrapbooking again lately, and wanted to share with you a page I made last month as part of my entry into the most recent contest Stampin' Up! had for My Digital Studio creations. 


I thought this was a fun photo of my boys being boys!  They were so proud of their catches that day . . . and they were actually amazed to catch anything since the last time we'd been to that lake, they didn't have any luck. 

Anyway, I used a picture of the lake in the background, but toned down the color in it so it wouldn't compete with the bright colors of the photo.  There are a few swatches of various digital papers on the side, and I had fun adding both zig zag and straight stitches on the page.  To create the "caught" title, I used the digital Rough Type Stamp Set, and used the color picker to match the color to some of the darker earth tones in the photo.  The fish are from the Cute Cats stamp set, and again, I used the color picker, this time to match them to the colors of the fish in the photo.

(In case you are curious, I didn't win with this page.   The Finalists had some amazingly wonderful entries!  You really should check them out when you have a chance . . . here's the link.)

And, if you'd like to see the latest downloads available for My Digital Studio, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool MDS scrapbooking page layout, Michelle!!! Love the word "caught" the background colors and the awesome pic of the boys! Man, they look like fearsome fishermen!!! Marlene Caravello