Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spice Cake Medallion Wreath -- Finished!

Last month, I started working on a wreath made of pleated paper medallions (these seem to go by many names . . . I know they are also called lollipop flowers, rosettes, accordion fold flowers . . . the list goes on and on!)  My wreath was inspired by the beautiful sample on page 6 of the Holiday Mini.  I decided to create mine using only the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper, which I think may have made mine turn out a bit too "busy"-looking for my liking.  Lesson learned -- when I make another one, I will be sure to add more solid color card stock medallions to the mix as well! 

Here's the first layer of my wreath in progress:




For the back, I just cut out a piece of the heavy backing paper that comes in Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Paper Packages.  I didn't worry about making it perfectly circular, since I figured it would be hidden by the medallions.


And, here's my finished wreath:



I had fun using the Spice Cake Designer Buttons, Antique Brads, and Neutrals Designer Buttons to embellish the medallions.  The ribbon is retired Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon -- I wanted to use 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain, as in the sample from the Holiday Mini, but discovered that I didn't have any colors that would work!  There will definitely be some Soft Suede Striped Grosgrain on my next order! 

What do you think?  You should give these a try -- and if you are in the San Jose area, I'm having a class on these soon -- would love to have you come make one with me!  (Be sure to check my upcoming classes page for more info!)

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding, Michelle!!! You are so good at those rosettes and have a knack for your color choices. Beautiful medallion wreath!!! Marlene Caravello