Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Everyday Elegance - Clean and Simple

Here's another of the cards we made at my Creative Connections class:


I CASEd this design from this beautiful card by the amazing, inspiring Mercedes Weber here (you'll want to see some of her other amazing creations while you're there!)  For my card, I changed the colors just a little bit.  I used a Pear Pizzazz card stock base.  I layered on some striped paper from the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper, which I had die cut using one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies.  I then embossed the Pear Pizzazz card base to match the die cut layer using the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.  (Best to do this before adhering the die cut layer, otherwise you might end up with some lines on your die cut layer from the edges of the Adorning Accents folder).

The "Hello" from the Elementary Elegance stamp set is heat embossed in the right hand corner.  I first stamped in Versamark, then used White Embossing Powder.

To create the flower, I punched two flowers out of the Poppy Parade floral paper from the Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper using the Blossom Punch.  Then, I punched out another blossom using the Boho Blossoms Punch.  I distressed the petals a bit, then added a brad from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack through the flower layers to hold them together.  Here's a close up:


The two leaves were punched out using the Blossom Petals Builder Punch and Lucky Limeade card stock.  I used my Simply Scored to add some veins to the leaves.

Here's another similar card I created without the leaves, with the flower petals bent upwards a bit at the ends rather than distressed and with a greeting from the Kindness Matters stamp set.



Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Pam said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

"Simply" lovely, Michelle!!! Marlene Caravello