Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fall Swap with Marlene

I was going through photos and posts yesterday and realized that I had not shared yet the wonderful projects I received in my fall swap with my amazingly talented friend Marlene Caravello.  I am sure you will agree when you see them, better late than not at all!!!  

The first project is this adorable scarecrow box:


Marlene used a Fancy Favor box as the base, and then the scarecrow's hat is made using pieces from two Top Note die cuts.  I love the fabric flower on the hat with the little bird tucked in, too.  Just charming!

The next project is an awesome Halloween card -- check out all the fabulous details from the front cover to the back!


Here's the front, where Marlene used the faux torn paper technique:


Then, it opens to this fabulously spooky artwork:


The Peek-a-Boo frame opens to reveal a hidden message, embossed in what looks like either Gumball Green or Wild Wasabi Stampin' Emboss Powder:


I love the texture on the wooden fence as well!  And, isn't the punch art face terrific?



On the back cover, Marlene stamped the Frightening Feline image in Whisper White, creating a great Halloween version of the Chalkboard Art look that is so popular everywhere right now:


And, last but not least is this beautiful Thanksgiving slider card:






So many great details on this card, too -- from the beautiful fall leaf die cut from the Autumn Accents die, the Woodgrain texture and beautiful fall colors in the background under the leaf, the embossing on the Orchard Harvest Designer Paper on the pull out piece, and the sponging on the 7/8" Cotton Ribbon Marlene used for the slider pull.

Aren't these fabulous?!  Thanks so much, Marlene!!!!

And, thank you for stopping by to check out my blog!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun to revisit the fall swap items I sent you. I almost forgot. Thank you so so much for making my artwork look so good! Had a lot of fun making those items. So glad you appreciate them. Thank you for the goodies you sent me!!! Marlene C.